Popular Posts

New Posts

Windows recovery on Toshiba laptops.



Recently i had a problem with my Toshiba laptop. I have Toshiba Satellite A665 – S5170 laptop. The problem started when I couldn’t load my operating system. I tried to recover my Toshiba laptop to Factory Default but the problem was my Hard Disk. The problem with my hard disk will be explained later. When turn on my computer the Hard disk light would be turned off and after a while on a screen would be message that HDD has some kind of error and couldn't load the system.
The procedure for recovering your Toshiba laptop to factory default is:
1)      Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine. Holding down the power button will force machine to switch off and any unsaved data will be lost.
2)      Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook
3)      When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
4)      When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
5)      Select Recovery to Factory Default Software and click Next
6)      Select Recover to out-of box state and Click Next again
7)      Click Next to Start the recovery.
The other option is to recover your Toshiba laptop using 2-4 blank DVDs and the recovery patrition must still exist. CD /DVD rom set as the primary boot device. 

Getting started 

These instructions are for machines running Windows Vista or 7.Click on Start Type Toshiba Recovery You should have this option displayed above the search bar: Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator,Double click on it.

Click on the Create button and the program will prompt you to insert your blank DVD

Click on OK and follow the procedure.Once the first disc (DVD1) is burnt, you will be ask to insert the second one.Once the discs have been created, restart your PC with DVD 1 inserted If you have correctly changed the boot sequence, you should get 2 options: Start Windows normally.Perform a System restore.Opt for the latter and follow the on screen instructions to return your PC to its original state

After that I searched on Internet for answers and didn't find one. I tried to install new version of Windows but when the installation started it was quickly terminated because of damage to the hard disk. Since my Hard disk was damaged bought a new one and installed new version of Windows 7 Ultimate. The only problem when your installing new Windows on new hard drive on Toshiba laptops is that you need drivers. The problem with drivers is that you cannot download them all in one because you need to download them individually. This is one of disadvantages of Toshiba laptops. So now my computer functions better than ever. If you don’t know how to do this on your own please call Toshiba service. Here is the link where you can download Toshiba drivers for your Toshiba laptop: Toshiba Support

Later on I connected my old Toshiba hard disk to my desktop computer and had it tested with a little program called Hard Disk Sentinel. The program told me that my HDD has some bad sectors and suggested that I need to back up the system as quickly as possible.

I hope that this tutorial was helpful. Please comment. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment